Winter, Leg Pain and Sedentary Lifestyles
While Arizona is known for it’s heat, it can also get very cold in the winter months. This cold can sometimes lead to leg pain and cramping and even the want to stay inside where it’s warm, sitting by the fireplace sipping hot tea. This inactivity combined with colder temps can lead to leg discomfort and issues.
While we can’t fix the cold, some simple tips can keep you moving and help relieve any discomfort. Here are some ideas to get active inside!
- Walk around the house! Take breaks from sitting and move.
- Include walking stairs in your house when possible.
- If you are seated for a long period of time, whether it’s working or watching TV try doing some leg or calf raises while seated.
- Try light 5-10 minute standing workout guides on YouTube.
- Elevate your feet! Put them up so they are above your heart so you can get better blood flow through your body.
Let us know if any of these worked for you!
Disclaimer-The contents of the Pinnacle Vein and Vascular Center site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the PVVC site (“content”) are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Pinnacle Vein and Vascular Center site.